Congregational Church High St and URC Bury Road Gosport History

Congregational Church High St and URC Bury Road Gosport History

This page shows some photographs and history of the Congregational Church High Street Gosport Hants on the site that became the Main Gosport Post Office and is now (2018) a Poundworld Shop. It moved to Bury Road after being bombed during the Second World War and a time til the church was rebuilt was held in The Crossways Hall. It merged with the  Presbyterian Church of England in 1972 to become the URC United Reformed Church.

Exterior of Congregational Church High St Gosport Hants From Denise Davis 2018
Exterior of Congregational Church High St Gosport Hants From Denise Davis 2018
Interior of old Gosport Congregational Church High St Gosport from Denise Davis 2018
Interior of  Congregational Church High St Gosport  Ha  from Denise Davis 2018
Interior of Congregational Church High St Gosport Hants from Denise Davis 2018
Interior of Congregational Church High St Gosport  Denise Davis 2018

 

Interior of Congregational Church High St Gosport Hants after Bombed from Denise Davis
Interior of Congregational Church High St Gosport Hants after Bombed from Denise Davis
Crossway Hal used as a Congrigational Church before New One Built from Denise Davis 2018
Crossway Hal used as a Congrigational Church before New One Built from Denise Davis 2018
 Interior of URC formerly Congregational Church 1950's Bury Road Gosport Hants from Denise Davis 2018
Interior of URC formerly Congregational Church 1950’s Bury Road Gosport Hants from Denise Davis 2018
Exterior of URC/Gosport Congregational Church 1950's Bury Rd Gosport Hants from Denise Davis 2018
Exterior of URC/Gosport Congregational Church 1950’s Bury Rd Gosport Hants from Denise Davis 2018

Bury Road URC Gosport Church closed in 2017 and merged with St. Columba’s URC Elson Road Gosport Hants.

St Columba URC

Back to History Archive Index